This recipe is basically my creation, a combination of two of my favorite dishes: pasta and pancakes. In addition, I accidentally bought, because of a misunderstanding with the wrong translation, Semolina flour, Dorum, and did not know what to do with it except for pasta.
So for the first time I made some kind of salty pancake and it was a success with the kids (and husband) so I decided to try something different this time, make thin pancakes and cut into long strips – a kind of pasta. Again was a success and I decided to share the recipe with you. I would love to receive from anyone who prepared this dish feedback what you thought about it.
The recipe serves a couple of parents and 3 children or 4 adults.
Ingredients for Pancaepasta:
- 2 cups Semolina / Dorum flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup of milk (can be replaced with water)
- 1 cup of water
- 3 eggs
Ingredients for bolognese sauce:
- 500 grams of minced meat
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Zucchini / squash / carrots / broccoli / cauliflower or any other vegetable, cut or ground relatively thin so that the children do not know they are there, it is also possible to combine. I used zucchini.
- 700 grams of tomato juice for sauce
- A tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- A teaspoon of thyme
- Teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare the Pancaepasta:
- Mix all ingredients for the Pancapasta together using a blender stick or blender. My recommendation is to prepare it in a jar so that it can then be poured into the frying pan gradually.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat.
- Put oil in pan and wipe with towel paper. Keep the paper towel afterwards when you need to apply some more oil.
- After the pan is hot, pour a little of the batter and tilt the pan so the batter will be spread and be relatively thin, just like they do blintzes.
- When bubbles begin to form,flip it and cook it for a few seconds and take out to a plate. This is how it is done with the whole batter mixture, occasionally you should stir the batter because the flour tend to sinks.
- When done with the whole batter, take the pancakes and cut them into relatively thin slices, as you cna see in the picture. Put it aside and move to the sauce preparation.
Preparation of the sauce:
Of course you can prepare almost any pasta sauce such as mushrooms, simple tomatoes, etc. What is important is that it is relatively liquid the Pancaepasta absorbs the fluid … and that what’s good with it.
- Fry the meat in olive oil and when it starts to simmer but still red Add the garlic and after about a minute or two, add the vegetables of your choice.
- Fry everything together for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the tomato juice and a tablespoon of sugar.
- Cook everything together until it starts to boil. Add the spices and salt and pepper. Taste it to your liking and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
That’s it, it’s ready. Mix the sauce with the Pancaepasta and let it sit for a bit so the sauce will suck into the Pancaepasta.