Will make 3 English cake mold or lots of cupcakes or 2 cake molds. I made withe this recipe 12 cupcakes, a 15 cm diameter cake, and an English Cake.
- 4 apples
- A large bowl suitable for microwave with water
- Juice from half a lemon
- 350 grams of white flour
- 100 grams of almond flour
- A bag of baking powder (10 grams)
- A teaspoon of baking soda
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 200 grams of white sugar
- 100 grams of brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100 ml coconut oil *
- 320 grams of honey
- 150 ml cup of Instant Coffee or espresso (a teaspoonful of coffee with a little boiling water to mix and then complete with cold water)
- 3 teaspoons of whiskey (you can also switch to rum or brandy)
- Rinse the apples and cut them in half. Clean the middle from the seeds. Slice the apples as thin as in the picture.
- Once we have sliced all the apples. Put them in the microwave-safe bowl. Cover the apples with water and juice from half a lemon.
- Turn on the microwave for 2-3 minutes and check if the apples are flexible enough. If they aren’t microwave for another minute.
- After they are soft enough transfer them to a strainer and allow them to drain from the liquid, While we start to prepare the batter for the cake.
Now for the batter for the cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sift the white flour, baking powder and baking soda in to a bowl.
- Add the other dry ingredients (almond flour, cinnamon, salt, white sugar and brown sugar) and mix with a fork to blend.
- In a separate bowl, we will pour the wet ingredients. First the 4 eggs and beat them. Add to them the oil, honey and the coffee it is important that the coffee is not hot so that the eggs do not boil. Add the whiskey and mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together until everything blends and there are no lumps.
And now to the assembly
- Put the filling 2/3 of the mold and then spirally from the edge in start building up the roses. like in the picture. If you make the English cake then put the apples in tight rows as in the picture below. That was the end result.
- Bake the cake for about 30-45 minutes. Be careful not to burn it and of course check that it is cooked with a dry toothpick.
The cake comes out soft and delicious, Bon appetit.